No More Fear



Reflecting a bit after I have just enjoyed the most fabulous Mother's Day with my loves.  This particular song comes to mind…Fear is A Liar.  Here are some of the lyrics:

When he told you you're not good enough
When he told you you're not right
When he told you you're not strong enough
To put up a good fight
When he told you you're not worthy
When he told you you're not loved
When he told you you're not beautiful
That you'll never be enough
Fear, he is a liar
He will take your breath
Stop you in your steps
Fear he is a liar
He will rob your rest
Steal your happiness
Cast your fear in the fire
'Cause fear he is a liar
Not exactly your standard Mother's Day theme song LOL, but oh my how incredibly perfect this song is for me!  I can distinctly remember how overwhelmed I felt last year on Mother's Day.  I was frankly scared to death.  FEAR ruled my heart that day and continued for many many days after.  Good thing the story didn't end there.  God has rewritten my story in an amazing way.  He has restored my faith in HIM and in myself.  I no longer let fear rule my thoughts.  Of course it attempts to creep in every now and then; however, I am pretty quick to stomp it out.  I would say that I have grown up a lot this past year just by letting go and giving up.  Yes, me, really…  I made the decision many months ago to finally hand over the reins of my life and let God do His thing.  It has been tough but at the same time a relief if that makes any sense haha.  I can say that I totally feel like a different person than I did just one short year ago.  I no longer let fear rule my head or my heart.  I let God do it!!  And let me just say that He has proven Himself over and over again to be the one I can rely on with my whole heart :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lake Action

Spent the day on Lanier… courtesy of a super nice friend with not one, but two boats to entertain us!