Fwd: "Our Cross"




"Our Cross"
April 11


Therefore when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, "It is finished!" And He bowed His head and gave up His spirit.

—John 19:30

Because He died, we can live. Because He obeyed, we can be forgiven. Because He was condemned, we can be saved. Following Jesus is not about better, faster, stronger, higher. It is about recognizing our helplessness, admitting our guilt, and receiving His sacrifice on our behalf. Everything depends on the crucifixion and resurrection. Everything. That means nothing is left to depend on us. Grace is something we receive, not something we earn.

We do not come to the cross as worthy people, promising to do better. We come as desperate beggars, acknowledging our need and seeking God's empowering grace.
Herein lies the tremendous hope: since nothing depends on us, since everything depends on God, victory is certain! We have an ironclad guarantee of forgiveness, grace, and eternal life, if only we will receive Christ's sacrifice on our behalf.
If you have never taken that step received Jesus as your Lord and Savior you can right now by saying this simple prayer. – Prayer for salvation. 
For those who are already believers, we want to give you the opportunity to "nail to the cross" the sins that weigh you down. Do this as a reminder that Jesus has paid the cost for those sins, so you don't have to. Jesus has borne their burden, so your conscience need no longer be weighed down. Jesus will carry us to heaven, so we need not try to "earn" our way there.
Identify those sins that seem to stick to you like glue. Also think about those memories that just don't seem to go away, that come back mentally to condemn you. Then nail it to the cross, and hear Jesus say, "It is finished."
Prayer
Jesus, I am confident in You. Realizing all that You have done for me on the cross brings great joy and peace to my life. I can count on You. My access to the Father, assurance of forgiveness of my sins, entry into eternal life – all depend on You. I trust You, I give You my life everything that I have, everything I'll ever be to You. Oh Lord I worship You for what You have done and Lord for what You will do, from now through out all eternity. Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for taking us in your family for giving us a fresh new start, for allowing us the take off the old and put on the new, thank you for taking us and making use totally into new persons we praise you for that.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Covid Turns

T started it!  He’s been home a couple of days sick. Then last night it hit me in middle of night…ugh. So I tested this am myself. Crazy how...