ENDURANCE

Finally found time to post my new year post.  Last year my word of the year was patience.  I learned a lot more about myself last year than I have in a very long time.  I knew that a year of patience would challenge me on many different levels, and that it did indeed.  My patience has grown, yet I believe I still have more growing and stretching to do in the patience department.  God has been diligently showing me that His timing and my timing are two very different things.  His timing is always right on time, and mine well... just isn't.  So as I exercised my patience muscle, I also incorporated being more intentional.  The two went hand and hand and I believe helped me through several trials this past year.  Pretty sure patience will always be something that I have to intentionally work towards.

So now I start a brand new year!  The Lord has led me to the word ENDURANCE for this year.

endurance

 noun
en·​dur·​ance |  \in-ˈdu̇r-ən(t)s -ˈdyu̇r-en-\

Definition of endurance 


1the ability to withstand hardship or adversityespecially  the ability to sustain a prolonged stressful effort or activity a marathon runner's endurance

2the act or an instance of enduring or suffering endurance of many hardships
Sounds bleak doesn't it?!?  However, little did I know that He had already included last year's word and this year's word in scripture just for me :)  After doing my research, this is the real definition that clearly He meant for me...


But before I read Hebrews 10:36, many other verses came to mind that I feel are going to be important to me this year.  Here are a few of them:

John 10:10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

Ephesians 3:20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

1 Corinthians 9:24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize?Run in such a way as to get the prize. 25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26 Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. 

Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

As you can see, I am hearing from Him that this year there will be some hurdles and hiccups along the way as Satan tries to interfere in my life.  However, I am also hearing that with God all things are indeed possible and that I need to focus on Him.  He will be my source of patience, strength, and endurance throughout each and every trial that is ahead.  He will provide all the ENDURANCE that I need! 

Hebrews 10:36 Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lake Action

Spent the day on Lanier… courtesy of a super nice friend with not one, but two boats to entertain us!