Complicated

S took this picture of us at church today.  She sent me the pic and all I could think of was how it reflected just two simple people in a beautiful church appearing to lead a simple life together...


Hahahaha!  Our lives together are anything other than... simple.  Even the fact that S was actually willing to take the pic was another reminder of our not so simple lives (smile).  We both have a multitude of issues and obligations with our kids and our jobs that consistently keep us from spending time with each other.  Fortunately, we do manage to spend time together every Sunday in church remembering that we serve a faithful God.  I was moved to tears this am reflecting on all God has given me.  I felt super grateful to have all of my children and the man I love in church next to me this morning.  Something I do not take for granted.

As a family, we will be attending a memorial service tonight for one of T's friends who chose to end his own life this week.  Wish I could shield my kids from this tragedy that hits so close to home; however I cannot.  I will choose to cry with them and remind them that God has great plans for their lives.  I will hug them all a bit tighter.  Most of all... I will thank the Lord for this not-so-simple very complicated life He has blessed me with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lake Action

Spent the day on Lanier… courtesy of a super nice friend with not one, but two boats to entertain us!