Great Quotes

Thought I would share some of my favorite quotes that have really stuck with me over the years.  

-Hurt people, hurt people... This one is the newest one in my vault.  I learned it the hard way for sure.  Something easy to remember though when dealing with broken people (btw we are ALL broken in some way)

"You are who you are and what you are because of what has gone into your mind.  You change who you are and what you are by changing what goes into your mind!" ...My buddy Zig has preached that over and over to me via youtube over the years.  Great hope in this as I try to become more and more like Christ every day.  Hefty goal but grateful to know that I can change if I choose to change.  Another way to simplify his saying would be:  Garbage in...garbage out.  Be careful who and what you surround yourself with indeed!


Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity...Vince was the first to introduce me to this one.  Totally clicked with me the first time he spoke it.  Such truth to this!



Watch your pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves...my Daddy taught me this old one since I was a little girl.  He spoke it to me even when I didn't even understand what he was talking about.  It has certainly proven to be excellent advice that I strive to achieve almost daily :)

Integrity is doing the right thing...even when no one is watching...This is one that I've heard from several sources.  Always something I have tried to live by and also teach my children.  Anyone can "appear" to do the right things, it's what you truly believe and feel on the inside that matters.



Love is an action, never simply a feeling...I've spoke about this one several times on my blog. Love is a choice.  Feelings can come and go.  True authentic love is something that requires commitment and effort and action.  Definition of love is from the Bible directly.  As you can see, all of these descriptions are actions, not simple feelings :)

 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lake Action

Spent the day on Lanier… courtesy of a super nice friend with not one, but two boats to entertain us!